FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will this work?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Glucksman
Will this work?
on Sep 4, 2014 at 8:34:22 pm

Hi. I'm trying to weasel my way into a post house running Resolve Lite v10 on an early 2009 MacPro, 8-core 2.66 ghz with 16gb RAM. My big concern is that they currently have a GTX 120 for GUI and 570 for GPU.
It runs with v10 reasonably well (not quite real time on Canon C300 footage). My question is this--forget real time or even close to real time performance on r3d or arriraw footage. Does Resolve 11 even work with these graphics cards?
The guys here are hesitant to invest in new cards unless I bring in enough business to justify it, but I have a film shot on the Red Epic that I'd like to have client sessions here for. Kind of a Catch-22 situation.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Will this work?
on Sep 5, 2014 at 1:53:35 am

GTX 680 is not expensive and likely to be the only low cost option for this old Mac.

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
on Sep 5, 2014 at 2:01:45 am

Can I take that to mean that v11 won't function with the 570?

Is the Mac too old for a Titan Black, or do you mean that the 680 is the least expensive one that'll work with the current version?

I may end up just putting in my 780 for my jobs...

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Sep 5, 2014 at 2:29:10 am

If the GPU works for v10 it will for v11 but preformance could be low. 680 can be powered in macpro, not titan

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Sep 5, 2014 at 9:09:47 pm

[Jesse Glucksman] "Is the Mac too old for a Titan Black"
Anything prior to MacPro 4,1 cannot even see a non-Mac flashed nvidia card… + the OS must be at least Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]