FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low quality mode?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Burnside
Low quality mode?
on Aug 13, 2014 at 1:19:42 pm

Hey guys, just started using davinci and am wanting to do a quick grade on something in 1080p. I notice that the footage is being displayed within davinci in some kind of subtly lower-res/quality mode..and all colour changes seem to be affected by this (and thus look terrible). Ive included a screen of a comparison of the same footage in VLC as in Davinci. Am I in some kind of low quality mode or something?? I can't find an answer on google, sorry if this is a 101 kind of question..

cheers

example:
http://postimg.org/image/p733ir55d/

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
Re: Low quality mode?
on Aug 13, 2014 at 3:17:34 pm

If you've read the configuration guide, you should have seen, that the viewer, or GUI display shouldn't be treated as a final image, nor resolution or colour wise.
I advise you to get a Blackmagic video cards - intensity, or ultra studio, or decklink series - and get a monitor. On an external monitor, detail and resolution will be fine.

Return to posts index

Jordan Burnside
on Aug 14, 2014 at 1:34:11 am

thanks. I am using an external monitor - an Asus Pro Art. How do then set that to display the video in best quality?

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
on Aug 14, 2014 at 12:48:30 pm

Please read the configuration guide, you're not using an external monitor until you play out the video through a BM video card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]