FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid artist color and resolve 10 weird issue

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Briggs
Avid artist color and resolve 10 weird issue
on Apr 25, 2014 at 10:20:46 am

So I know there are connection issues with the artist color and resolve. I'm on resolve 10 using the eucon 2.7.1 driver and everything connects and works. I start working with resolve and within 30 secs everything lags to about 10 seconds. Menus, wheels everything slows down on the surface. Yet if I move the mouse eveything begins working in realtime again so as long as I constantly keep moving the mouse the surface works fine.Obviously this is a real pain as I might as well just use the mouse. . Its just strange that its almost working as if some mode kicks in resolve after a few seconds of the mouse not being used. As it stands the color is useless to me and I might have to cut my loses and get the wave. Any ideas are welcome.

Im on a new mac pro by the way.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Avid artist color and resolve 10 weird issue
on Apr 26, 2014 at 6:22:06 am

You know, there used to be a program out there that would just wiggle the mouse (in software) to prevent the screen-saver from engaging and prevent the computer from going to sleep. That was quite some years ago, but I bet there's a similar issue going on. Maybe it's something related to the various buses getting tied up.

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Apr 26, 2014 at 8:10:17 am

The eucon driver is at 3.1.2
I would try that

http://www.filmandtvcolor.com | colorist | Los Angeles, CA

Twitter: @4kfinish

Return to posts index

Steven Briggs
on Apr 26, 2014 at 10:32:17 am

Been having problems with the 3.1.2 driver on resolve 10 does not see the artist color so I'm using the older driver. Tried the up to date river again and same thing resolve doesnt see the surface back to older driver and everything works for 30 secs and the the 10 sec delay unless I keep wiggling the mouse.

WHY DIDN'T I BUY THE WAVE!!!

Thanks for the help I would love to get this thing working properly.

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Apr 26, 2014 at 2:59:37 pm

What OS?
Mac 10.9.2 / resolve 10.1.4 / eucon 3.1.2 definitely works

http://www.filmandtvcolor.com | colorist | Los Angeles, CA

Twitter: @4kfinish

Return to posts index

Steven Briggs
on Apr 26, 2014 at 5:11:26 pm

Finally got it to work on eucon 3.1.2 and in resolve. Yes ion mac os 10.9.2, resolve 10.1.4. Still same issue works for a 30 secs to a minute and then everything lags for around 10 seconds. Moving the mouse at the same time as using the artist color is the only thing that keeps the artist color running at real time.

Return to posts index

Yoram Tal
on Apr 27, 2014 at 3:47:57 am

Is your MC color surface set to a static IP?

Tal

Rseolve 10 New MaPro loaded

Return to posts index

Steven Briggs
on May 2, 2014 at 11:02:13 am

sorry for late reply. yeah its set up on static ip which has stopped any network issues. The wheels and balls are working ok now still having issues when skipping through menus its starts to lag if I don't give the mouse a quick move. Overall I think I can live with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]