FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Artist Color issue with Davinci Resolve and Avid 3.1.2 drivers for Mavericks

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gorazd Koncar
Avid Artist Color issue with Davinci Resolve and Avid 3.1.2 drivers for Mavericks
on Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53:40 pm

Hi,

When shall Avid support the Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 10 with the Artist Color interface
under Maverick OSX? The version 3.12 of the software does not support the application...

The only version which works which Davinci Resolve 9, 10 and up under Mavericks
is Avid version 2.7.1 but only when yoo uninstall the Avid version 3.1.2 of the software!
If you install version 2.7.1 over 3.1.2 without first unistalling it then the Artist Color does not
work with the Davinici Resolve. Only the Avid Artist Control interface works.

Please know that version 2.7.1 supports all versions of Blackmagic Davinci Resolve applications
for the Avid Color interface but it is not approved for Mavericks!

Please know that version 3.1.2 works wonderful with the Davinci Resolve 10 and up but only with
Artist Control interface which I have custom programed all the shortcuts of the software!
But the Artist Color interface is not supported so I can not use the balls for color grading!

Under 2.7.1 I can use both interfaces at once : Artist Color and Artist Control with the Davinci Resolve application but it is not approved for Mavericks! How much more time Avid needs to make the new software which shall support the Davinci Resolve 10 and up application and it is approved under Mavericks?

Best regards,

Gorazd.

Return to posts index

Yoram Tal
Re: Avid Artist Color issue with Davinci Resolve and Avid 3.1.2 drivers for Mavericks
on Mar 29, 2014 at 3:00:15 am

3.1.0 works for me on new mac pro trashcan under Mavericks.

I do use a dedicated network and have a static IP set up on the MC color.
this does need the occasional reboot of the "EuControl" app in the settings but it's working.
better then 2.7.1

could it be better sure.

Rseolve 10 New MaPro loaded

Return to posts index

Gorazd Koncar
Re: Avid Artist Color issue with Davinci Resolve and Avid 3.1.2 drivers for Mavericks
on Apr 2, 2014 at 9:34:17 pm

Hi,

I have also tested the version 3.1.0 which indeed works with Davinci Resolve
but after a while on several Mac machines including newest MACPRO and IMAC
the Eucontrol application started to crash everytime when it starts...

The version 3.1.2 does not crash and works stable but it does not support Davinci
Resolve application with the Avid Color panel. The only Avid Artist Control panel is
supported by Davinci Resolve.

For now the only version 2.7.1 works without issues under Mavericks.

Each Avid panel is connected to each dedicated gigabit ethernet switch with its own
IP address connected to special USB3 to Gigabit adapter ( according to Avid
thunderbolt gigabit adapter is not supported yet...) with different lan IP address
as the main ethernet MAC PRO or IMAC address.

For example if IMAC uses IP 191.1.1.1 ethernet address
then the special gigabit adapter uses 193.1.1.1
address and then the Avid panel uses IP 193.1.1.2. So the special branch of ethernet
is starting with 193... and it is on its own dedicated switch just for the panels.
This works uder 2.7.1 without any issues and the panel never loose the connection.

But if you use IP 191.1.1.2 for adapter and 191.1.1.3 for the Avid panel
then under 2.7.1 the Eucontrol application can not find sometimes all the panels although the iMac has different 191.1.1.1 IP address...
because all the addresses are starting with 191... and the panel sometimes disconnects...

But under 3.1.2 all the addresses can start with 191... without the issues but the
Davinci Resolve is not supported by the Avid Color panel. Even if you change the
panel configuration under Davinci Resolve to none and you restart the application and
you set it again to Avid Color and you restart it again and the you found out that when you start again the application the Avid Color panel is not supported.

I hope that Avid will again support the Davinci Resolve in the future!

Best regards,

Gorazd.

Return to posts index

Yoram Tal
on Apr 18, 2014 at 8:19:19 pm

The following setup is proving very stable:
MacPro 2013 (Trashcan)
MC Color with EU control 3.1.2 dedicated ip have been solid for over a week.
Resolve 10.0.4
MC 7.0.3 with Symphony option.

UltraStudio 4K

BlackMagic video desktop 9.9.3 any version newer flicker to black on Avid!

Rseolve 10 New MaPro loaded

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jun 5, 2014 at 1:58:23 am

MC Color is working for me under Mac OSX 10.9.2, EuControl 3.1.2, Resolve 10.1.5, 2013 nMP. OSX 10.9.3 wreaks havoc with both EuControl and Resolve from my perspective. It's always a good idea to hold back one version until the manufacturers either provide updates or give you solid confirmation that the new OS will work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]