FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitor Recommendations

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Edwards
Monitor Recommendations
on Feb 17, 2014 at 4:07:24 pm

Has anyone used the NEC 27" LCD for GUI? I wanted to find out what people are using; I want to upgrade to a larger monitor than the Dell Ultrasharp 24" that I have.

Also, for software scopes, I have a 1650x1080 monitor that's kind of big, and with my laptop and grading monitor... basically I want to clear up my workstation.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Monitor Recommendations
on Feb 25, 2014 at 4:50:10 pm

[William Edwards] "I wanted to find out what people are using;"

Current for both stations here -- a couple of 8 year-old Apple Cinema Displays. Paid for. Long ago.
The older one has some significant backlight issues... big blotches around the edge of screen. So I have some cheapy Samsungs floating around in case that one croaks at some inopportune moment. Meanwhile I use one of them for GranTurismo 6... and reviewing BluRay burns... on my PS3.... yeah, that's why I have one of those. That's my story.

My third station, at a shared-space location, owner there insisted on a couple of LaCie something-or-others to maintain a decor directive. As far as the GUI is concerned, all I see is a lot of numbers and words, okay, some thumbnails, but almost totally irrelevant in the sense of aesthetics. And the fact that their edit suite is one-make, all LaCie, all the monitors look the same, and on that issue --> Flanders for grade, the same as at my home-base studio.

At first I had to wonder about "monitor recommendations"... because that topic is just a minefield, but you seem to be more interested in a graphic display, so really, anything that isn't going to detract too much from your real reference monitor -- I'd be careful with size, because with it comes the baggage of eye-strain, ergonomics and the overall contribution to poisoning your grade environment with a ton of wrong-temperature ambient light.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]