FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live grade with Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Dewalque
Live grade with Resolve
on Feb 17, 2014 at 3:11:34 pm

Hello,

I've recently worked on 2 big commercial where I used the Live grade option of resolve. Here are a little feedback, questions and expectations for this option of Da Vinci.

One project was shot with the F65 and the other with an alexa XT. On both case, I've been grading the log signal coming from an SDI output.
The F65 project was graded in a resolve and the Alexa XT project was graded on Baselight.
The good thing is when you grade the final project in resolve, you can use the project used on set to link your grade and so, you can use all the tools of resolve (key, mask,...)
For the baselight project, i've exported both ASC CDL and LUT.

I had two problems on these project:

_I couldn't make a passtrough on decklinck Extreme studio and had to use two of them. It wasn't very clear in the user manual if it is possible to use only one card for input and output. Can the black magic team help me on this ?

_The other thing was the quality of the image using two decklink card. There was a lot of strobe because of the processing of the image (I guess...?). Is there any solution to avoid this ?
My config was, mac pro 2.93Ghz with Radeon 5770(GUI) and Quadro4000 (GPU)with 12Go RAM.

One expectation:

Are you planning to add any support for gamma box (eventually HDlink)?
You can not have the computer on the set all the time, It takes rooms and request power.
A LUT box compatible with resolve wouldbe wonderfull.

Thanks for your help !

Benjamin Dewalque
DIT

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]