FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lite v7 or v8 ?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen de Vere
Lite v7 or v8 ?
on Dec 24, 2013 at 12:40:22 pm

Would anyone like to share a v8 Lite or v7 Lite, or confirm whether or not they ever existed ?

I'd like to learn Resolve but am not ready to upgrade my hardware just at the moment.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Lite v7 or v8 ?
on Dec 27, 2013 at 8:05:40 pm

I'm not so sure there was a 7 light, and if memory serves me correctly, there were more restrictions on the earlier versions. Are you saying you've tried 10 and it won't install on your system?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Stephen de Vere
on Dec 28, 2013 at 10:48:40 am

I have not tried to install 10 because I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that it would not install in Mac OS 10.6.6.

I just went to the BM website and looked up the "minimum system requirements" versions in the ReadMe files and is the 8 the last version in that respect.

I suppose there is no harm trying 10 though. I have a film to finish at the moment with Apple Color so I don't want to spend too much time experimenting/testing with a new app on older equipment.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 29, 2013 at 5:29:55 pm

OS may be a hangup. (booting to 64 bit might be necessary?), but think the hardware requirements eased a bit as the releases came out.

As you said, never hurts to try. I have a full version, so i've never played with lite, so unfortunately, i don't have any old lites kicking around.

BM allows you to call up legacy versions for the full package, not sure why they don't allow the same for lite version.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]