FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 9, setting tape name for Avid

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ethan Holzman
Resolve 9, setting tape name for Avid
on Dec 14, 2013 at 7:06:58 am

How does setting up the tape name work. I have messed around uint the conform panel, but the intricacies of how this work has eluded me.

My problem is I am working on a feature film shot with the Canon C300, and we used Resolve to transcode to MXF and add a LUT. In some cases the LUT didnt work right and I need to re-transcode flat. In some other cases the Assistant overlooked that he was creating files with errors and I need to re-do those as well. But I don't want to re-sync. I want to replace. And I am having a VERY hard time re-linking. Its been very spotty.

I gave the specs to the assistant so I'm not clear on how I am getting a different result. He, the assistant has roll #s 6 characters long, shedding 2 superfluous digits from the roll #, but I am getting 8 places?

There is something like this for output, but it only effects the name of the file created and not the meta data roll #.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Resolve 9, setting tape name for Avid
on Dec 28, 2013 at 9:47:23 pm

In the settings you want to go to "conform assist" and you have some choices that will be used in the REEL field of the file and output in the TAPE field when exporting MXF/DNxHD. I know v10 has it, but have shown up in v9 is the selection for "use filename" in the same settings area.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]