FORUMS: list search recent posts

660 Ti for Resolve Light?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
660 Ti for Resolve Light?
on Dec 2, 2013 at 3:15:59 pm

Hi, I am currently using a 550 Ti with Resolve light. I often don't get full time playback but can live with that. I am thinking an upgrading to a 660 Ti, I gather I should get performance fairly close to a GTX 580. The 660 Ti seems at least twice the power of the 550 Ti. The great thing about the 660 Ti
is that is had low power consumption which means I don't need to upgrade my PSU (this would be a real pain as I would have to totally rebuild me computer, for reasons too boring to go into here).

So anyone using the 660 Ti for image processing (1080p). How does it perform? Is it a worthwhile upgrade from the 550 Ti?

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

i5 550, Windows 7 / Mac Lion, Nvida 550 Ti, 8GB Mem

Return to posts index

Timo Teravainen
Re: 660 Ti for Resolve Light?
on Dec 3, 2013 at 8:16:45 am

I have the 670 4GB card for image processing and it's wonderful. Faster than my 580 3 GB. I think you should get real-time performance with 660ti, my system is running realtime until something like 15-16 nodes on HD material.

If I were you I'd upgrade the PSU and put the 550 to run the GUI and 660ti for image processing. Or just get something like GTX285/640 for gui and 660 for processing. Especially if you're using internal scopes, the GUI GPU really helps. (I haven't tried the v10, my experience is with Resolve 9)

Return to posts index

Ben Edwards
Re: 660 Ti for Resolve Light?
on Dec 8, 2013 at 2:26:24 pm

Its not just the fact that I would have to totally rebuild my machine its the cost, I have a very quiet machine and want to keep it that way (quiet PSUs aren't cheap).

Was hoping someone who was actually using a 660 Ti would reply (also I am using resolve light).

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

i5 3550 3.3Ghz, Windows 7 / Mac Lion, Nvida 550 Ti, 16GB Mem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]