FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Resolve 10: crashes when opening a project

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aseneth Miquiabas
Davinci Resolve 10: crashes when opening a project
on Nov 25, 2013 at 4:59:58 am

Hi everyone,

So' i've just upgraded davinci resolve 9.1.4 to version 10.
Ive tried to open my old project file, but it crashes on start up' during loading.
Take note that it only happens in one particular project, the ret is okay.
I am working on Dpx sequence 30sec HDRes.
Ive tried Duplicating the project file and "open in read only mode" but no luck. I even tried Importing it to other user, but it crashes as soon i hit ok.

And i am not getting any warning or error messages.
It was all fine in version 9 though.

Is anyone have an idea what was going on? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I can send the Log report if needed. Thank a lot.

Here's my computer specs:
Processor 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
1 slot red rocket card

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Davinci Resolve 10: crashes when opening a project
on Nov 26, 2013 at 7:17:54 am

My guess, based on you saying its HDR, that the project settings for this project are for a resolution that the GPU can't handle, or there is a strange source file.

You should try loading all the source clips in the media pool manually to see if that works, and ultimately post the zip of the log file.

I note that you are on 10.8.3 but Im not sure this is the issue.
Peter

Return to posts index

Aseneth Miquiabas
on Nov 28, 2013 at 8:11:29 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me. Anyway i created a new project and loaded all my Dpx source materials and seems like theres nothing wrong with it.. its all working fine.
If my GpU cant handle this small files what more my upcoming 4K project? eh?
okay.. i am a lil bit confused and worried now. Coz I thought my specs are powerful enough to handle big files.
Yes Im on version 10.8.3
Where to send the log? can i have your email add. please?
Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Nov 28, 2013 at 1:13:45 pm

You can post you log as a zip on the BMD forum or contact your local support office.
Our published config guides show systems suitable for 4k
Peter

Return to posts index

Kevin Wong
on Apr 10, 2014 at 6:32:33 pm

Was a solution for this ever reached? I am having the same issue. I tried importing some of the media in a new project and it also crashes the system. Source is r3d footage from a red scarlet.

Return to posts index

Aseneth Miquiabas
on May 12, 2014 at 7:23:31 am

Hi Kevin, unfortunately .. This issue haven't been resolved in part. Still crashes while opening the old project. it is pain in the ass. I emailed them the Log Files but no reply. Please let me know if you find any solution for this. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Kevin Wong
on May 12, 2014 at 4:58:10 pm

Thanks
I contacted BMD support and it turns out in my case it was GPU debayering for R3D files being too much for my GPU to handle. Probably not the case in you situation though.

Return to posts index

li rosa
on May 28, 2014 at 1:10:18 pm

Any solutions yet?

In my case the software would suddenly stop rendering in the middle of the preocess, and after I've tried to redo it for a few times, the project wouldn't load anymore. DaVinci simply closes with no error messages...

Return to posts index

Douglas Bischoff
on Feb 27, 2016 at 3:03:06 am

Don't know if this is still relevant, but I found this thread searching for a solution to my problem.

In my case, I'd imported a project from a client into Resolve 12.3.1. The footage all came in fine and it would open and play... but I couldn't access the Project Settings: Resolve would crash immediately.

The solution, which may help in some of these other cases, was to create a new project and make all the basic project settings match what I needed. Then load the project that was crashing, go back to the project manager and right click the "temporary" project and select "Load configuration into current project."

Presto! Whatever setting in the imported project was causing Resolve to crash is overwritten by the new settings, and I can now go in and edit the settings without a crash.

Hope this helps someone!

Douglas Bischoff
http://www.ceridwenproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]