FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with AAF Import from Avid

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Ravens
Problems with AAF Import from Avid
on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:02:22 pm

First time user for AAF importing from Avid; and experiencing a problem.I have exported an AAF from Avid that consists of 3 clips in the following configuration: A1-A2-B1.

When I import the AAF to Resolve 10 Lite, the timeline shows clips B1-A1-B1. I am not generating new media, but, relinking to the original media.

If I import the AAF into Avid, the proper clip sequence appears, so, it seems the problem is in Resolve.

Can anyone help me understand why this is happening?

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
Re: Problems with AAF Import from Avid
on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:20:31 pm

Can you post your AAF here?

Are these 3 clips straight cuts? Are the 3 clips the same frame rate, and same frame rate as timeline? Are there any other clips/effects in the timeline?

Do these clips have unique timecode?

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:32:23 pm

Yeah, these are straight cuts. They come from master clips A and B, both at the same frame rate. No other clips in the timeline. Clip A1 and A2 come from two different sublips on the A master. Clip B1 is a subclip on master clip B. All sublips were assembled on an Avid timeline sequence, so I assume the T/C is related to the timeline. Of course, each clip has its own T/C, but, is that relevant?
Here's the AAF: 6823_untitledsequence.01.aaf.zip

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Nov 22, 2013 at 4:00:07 am

Thanks Bill - we will check it out. My guess it has to do with sub-clips.

Return to posts index

Anish Prithviraj
on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:00:10 am

Bill,

You mentioned that you are trying to relink to your original media. What format is your original media and how are you relinking to it?

I think your conform may not be matching up because your original clips have overlapping timecode but no reel information. Hence Resolve links with the first clip that has matching/overlapping timecode with the clip.

If your original media has the same filenames as the mxf/DNxHD files you created with but just different extensions, you could try using the "Ignore file extensions when matching" during your AAF import and point Resolve to the folder with originals.

Thanks,
Anish

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Nov 22, 2013 at 11:24:50 am

Thanx Anish,

When Rohit asked about timecode, that was my clue. You may be right.
I, initially imported a .dpx file (cinemaDNG)and DELIVERED an OP1a file in low rez proxy, with the same name. After importing the OP1a into Media Composer, I wanted to round-trip the edits back to Resolve but, this pass thru Resolve, I wanted to link back to the hi rez original .dpx files.

Return to posts index

Yoram Tal
on Nov 23, 2013 at 5:05:29 am

I don't know if this would help but try to always have a tape name as well as TC.

Rseolve 10.0.3b iMac27 16Gig of Ram

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Nov 23, 2013 at 11:14:50 am

Problem Solved:
You were right, Rohit. I was recording LTC, which reset on every clip to start at 00:00:00:00. I've reset to FreeRun, and all is well. On a workaround for clips recorded as LTC, the starting timecode can be reset in the properties window on Resolve. Note: If you reset timecode, don't forget to reset it, again, on the second pass thru Resolve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]