FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting -Resolve overwriting every file??

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Stoltz
Exporting -Resolve overwriting every file??
on Nov 14, 2013 at 9:24:59 pm

Hi -So Im still learning Resolve --I have 3 clips Im exporting out as QT movs--Well everything in the export window is checked for render out as seperate files -all that I think should be checked -but DR is not rendering out the clips separate. It will render one and then over write the first clip with clip 2 and then 3

I can't figure out how to render out all 3 clips as separate files

any help is appreciated

matt

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Exporting -Resolve overwriting every file??
on Nov 14, 2013 at 11:00:06 pm

You need to make the file names unique. There is an option for this in the deliver settings. Details in the manual.
Peter

Return to posts index

Scotty Kunkel
on Aug 15, 2014 at 12:50:46 pm

I'm having somewhat of the same issue. My problem is that I have multiple clips in a timeline that all come from the same source, lets a say a one camera interview, and so with the selects made from that one video file from the one source, Davinci keeps saving each little edit as the same name. Thus resorting in a timeline with the same interview select over and over and over for the duration of the video. Is there a way to fix this? I have "Render each clip with a unique filename" and that works if each select is from their own source file, but not if multiple edits are from one source file (i.e. BMCC_001.MOV) and cut up into the timeline.

Return to posts index

Mark Linthicum
on Aug 18, 2015 at 4:52:50 am

I have had this problem myself, for some reason BlackMagic have decided that the Send to FCP preset should not have "Render Unique File names" box checked! This is just dumb!

In the Delivery tab of 12 you need to scroll down to the File box, then click show "more options" then check "Render Unique File names" i leave it on prefix, this means Resolve will add the file # and video track to the beginning of file name so file do not get over written.

Mark

Thanks, Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]