FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote Grading Systems - How Similar?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Hansen
Remote Grading Systems - How Similar?
on Sep 20, 2013 at 5:17:20 pm

I'd like to set up remote grading at my facility with my out-of-state clients. The list of requirements in the Resolve manual is surprisingly short. basically: same version of Resolve and same resolution screens. Right now I have a Mac Pro 2009 with GTX 570 and Red Rocket. Eventually, I'd like to replace this with a Windows PC so i can add more GPUs in the same enclosure for less $ than a 2012 Mac Pro and Cubix. But most of my clients will be on Mac Pro systems.

- Can a Windows Resolve system control a client's Mac Pro Resolve system? It's hard to tell if this qualifies under the "same software version" requirement.

- If I stick to a Mac Pro, can my system have a Cubix with multiple GPUs and control a system with none of that?

- what about control surfaces? If I use an Avid Artist Color, does EuCon have to be loaded on the client system?

- for the screen resolutions, if i have 27" GUI screens and my client has 24" GUI screens, can i just change my settings to 1920x1200 in System Preferences for the duration of the session?

thanks!

e

Eric Hansen
Production Workflow Designer / Consultant / Colorist / DIT
http://www.erichansen.tv

Return to posts index

Eric Fiegehen
Re: Remote Grading Systems - How Similar?
on Oct 15, 2013 at 11:55:26 pm

Hi Eric,

From the Cubix end of things, you should be good to go with the 2009 Mac Pro. You will utilize Slot 2 (16-channel Gen 2) of the Mac Pro for the Xpander's HIC, which connects to the Xpander unit of your choice (Xpander Desktop Series II, Desktop Elite, Rackmount Elite).

Eric Fiegehen
Director, Visualization & GPU Compute Solutions
Cubix Corporation
ericc@cubix.com
http://www.cubix.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]