FORUMS: list search recent posts

What card for Davinci Resolve 10

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mihai Ion
What card for Davinci Resolve 10
on Sep 16, 2013 at 12:48:22 pm

Hello, i would like to start playing with davinci resolve 10. I saw until now there was only Cuda support, but starting version 10, OpenCL is also available

the options are ATI 7950 3GB and GTX 570 2.5GB RAM
in games / benchmark 7950 is about 30-50% faster, lower power consumption, better specs, it's directX 11.1 compatible.

I know that 570GTX is extraordinary in Resolve, i just wonder if 7950 is not a better choice

HAS anyone played with ATI cards on new Resolve 10? I saw no information from Blackmagic team (except saying it supports ATI cards and the recommended cards were the professional version FirePro line)

Thanks,
Mihai

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: What card for Davinci Resolve 10
on Sep 16, 2013 at 5:01:42 pm

Hi, please refer to the new config guides. Links are located on the BMD forum or go to the BMD support web site.
In brief, if on windows, select an AMD or NVIDIA GPU path and then use the cards listed in the guide. if on Linux, use NVidia, if Mac, please refer to the guide as its a little more complicated based on the many different how many GPUs you plan to use.

Peter

Return to posts index

Mihai Ion
Re: What card for Davinci Resolve 10
on Sep 16, 2013 at 6:34:22 pm

Thanks Peter,

In the Configuration Guide September 2013, (http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/6677761/DaVinci_Resolve_Windows_Configuration_Guide_Sept_2013.pdf)

it only specifies as ATI cards the firepro models (W8000 and W9000), nothing else

I run Windows with an I7 2600k and i just need a decent card to play with resolve (2k footage)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]