FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grading RED transcodes...

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack King
Grading RED transcodes...
on Sep 10, 2013 at 1:47:15 pm

Hi there,

I have recently downloaded da vinci lite and just in need of a heads-up so I don't hit any walls down the line.

I plan to start colour grading a short film shot on red MX in da vinci lite - and my plan is to import the FCP project (EDL or whatever...) into da vinci lite and basically grade the prores 1080 transcodes I edited with - as my computer (mac powerbook) doesn't have the capability to run the 4k R3D's, or anything other than 1080 (and neither does lite, i'm told)

It has been suggested by someone that I can merely grade the project transcodes in 1080 in da-vinci lite, and THEN online the whole thing on da-vinci (full version) to the 4K R3D's at a post-house - with the grade intact.

Can anyone verify whether or not this is possible? While I can't afford a colourist, i can get access to a post-house to do an online and export etc. The final export needs to be 2k.

I am a complete novice when it comes to grading (and computer specs etc) so if anyone can explain to me the best workflow to make my life easier I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks so much,

Jack :)

kingjack.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]