FORUMS: list search recent posts

9.1.5 and artist color not playing nicely

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yoram Tal
9.1.5 and artist color not playing nicely
on Jul 17, 2013 at 7:37:35 pm

I'm having an issue with Resolve 9.1.5 with the Avid Artist Color. Artist Color looses it's connection with Resolve when I go to the desktop and then back to Resolve. This is happening with Avid EuControl 2.7.1. Downgrading back to 9.1.4 with EuControl 2.7.1 works perfectly.

Early 2012 27" iMac

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Tak

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: 9.1.5 and artist color not playing nicely
on Jul 18, 2013 at 6:58:44 pm

This is a known issue. Reverting to an earlier Resolve version is the current solution.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Eric Hansen
on Aug 24, 2013 at 7:31:58 pm

Hey Dwaine

How is the new Resolve 9.1.6 Lite with either Eucontrol 2.7.1 or Eucontrol 3.0? I have 9.1.1 at home and 9.1.3 at work, both with EuControl 2.7.1 and everything works perfectly, so i'm leery of upgrading.

thanks

e

Eric Hansen
Production Workflow Designer / Consultant / Colorist / DIT
http://www.erichansen.tv

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Aug 25, 2013 at 1:14:49 am

Hi Eric,

One of the main fixes in 9.1.6 is proper Eucon 3 support. So yes, install 9.1.6 if you want to use Eucon 3. It will also work with Eucon 2.7.1 and 2.6.2.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

Eric Hansen
on Sep 12, 2013 at 7:33:12 pm

hey Dwaine

I've been using Eucon 2.7.1 and Resolve Lite 9.1.4 on my work Mac Pro with no issues. Today I upgraded to Resolve Lite 9.1.6 and I'm getting the exact same problem as the OP. the panel works with Resolve. But if i switch away from Resolve to another app and switch back, the panel won't reconnect and the top menu on the panel is just rectangles. Just going to Finder requires a restart of Resolve.

e

Eric Hansen
Production Workflow Designer / Consultant / Colorist / DIT
http://www.erichansen.tv

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Sep 12, 2013 at 8:42:35 pm

Just posted this on the Forum, so updating here as well. I've confirmed that 9.1.6 Lite Resolve still has Avid Artist panel connecting issues, similar to the 9.1.5 issue. Full Resolve 9.1.6 has this fixed. But apparently the fix did not make it into the Lite version for some reason. So the workaround is same as before: use a Lite version earlier than 9.1.5, and use Eucon 2.7.1 or 2.6.2.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]