FORUMS: list search recent posts

ColorTrace question

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Mena
ColorTrace question
on May 24, 2013 at 5:17:28 pm

I am working on a project that has over 1100 shots. My client up versioned the cut. I Re-applied my grades using Colortrace in Manual mode. Actually worked pretty well. Once I was done I realized I had missed a few shots. But, how will I know which shots I need to re-apply my grades? There doesn't seem to be a way to know which shots are graded or not in Colortrace mode. Also, the thumbnails don't seem to update, which is pretty frustrating. The only thing I can think of is writing down timecode. I was hoping color trace would have a rainbow line like in the color page.

I think colortrace is a good tool. Hopefully they have made it even better for Resolve 10.

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: ColorTrace question
on May 27, 2013 at 5:21:34 pm

I might have been tempted to re-import the new version timeline into the original Resolve project (you can have more than one timeline in a project) and all this ColorTrace stuff would probably have gone moot, especially if all the original master clips were the same...

ColorTrace is largely only interested in matching reel no. and timecode, just like re-conforming an EDL or XML. How did you realize that some shots did not have a grade associated with them? No rainbow in the
COLOR timeline window once ColorTrace closed?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on May 27, 2013 at 5:35:41 pm

I did bring my new timeline into the same project. But the new timeline was different enough that nothing really would match. Once I was done using Colortrace the CC clipped showed up fine. I'm talking about knowing which clips I copied my grades to IN colortrace. With so many shots not being able to identify which clips you copied my grades to was frustrating.

Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

William Edwards
on May 31, 2013 at 1:51:01 pm

Yeah, colortrace is a MUST feature, yet it seems a little clunky and unclear. One of the things I find frustrating is the remote vs the local grade modes.

Perhaps you can write down the shot number? Or, for those couple shots, you could grab still, unless you have keyframes and difficult tracks.

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on May 31, 2013 at 6:15:28 pm

I hope the BM developers allow Colortrace to evolve for Davinci 10. It would be great if it could be inter grated into the Conform page.

Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]