FORUMS: list search recent posts

Web Grading with Dell U2410

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
Web Grading with Dell U2410
on May 11, 2013 at 2:17:41 pm

I did post something like this in the Resolve main forum and was asked to post it here instead. This is a reworked version of the original post (which for some reason half of it has been deleted so wont link to it).

Watched a chat between Alexis Van Hurkman and a couple of the Ripple Training guys. When the conversation turned to grading for web using non reference monitors he was supportive of the idea so putting some effort into seing if I can improve the system I have been using for learning (Dell Ultrasharp 2410 / Intensity Pro) seems worthwhile as most of the stuff I do is for web. I am using the Intensity Pro because I already had one but calibration options are practically non existent.

So my question is if I put a second GPU into my system to run the U2400 will resolve output full screen to this like it does with the Intensity Pro. There seem to be two problems with this. Firstly I would be using 2 cGPUs so I would not be able to run Resolve Light. Secondly can Resolve output full video output to a GPU or is this limited to Blackmagic Hardware? Maybe I am simply stuck with using the Intensity Pro?

Various people have suggested Th X-Rite i1 Display Pro for calibration monitors such as the one I have so this seems worth doing. If my monitor is useful for grading for web it seem sensible to properly calibrate it. I am also assuming Alexis was referring to using calibrated displays, although this kind of goes without saying.

Ben

PS I just spent some time looking for the video I mentioned at the top of this post without success. Its a one and a half chat between Alexis and t ripple people, an (free) introduction chat about Resolve. If anyone knows where it is please let me know. It is one of there monthly free webcasts.

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

i5 550, Windows 7 / Mac Lion, Nvida 550 Ti, 8GB Mem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]