FORUMS: list search recent posts

conflict resolution & already existing file

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hamid ghodrati
conflict resolution & already existing file
on May 9, 2013 at 11:11:20 pm

hello every one

I have two permanent error with my resolve lite.
most of the time whenever i opened two file with exactly same specification in conform page i see "conflict resolution" triangle, and in deliver page even-though i always choose a new name for my file after clicking add job, resolve say " the name already exist"( and i definitely know that doesn't exist :)
any idea whats wrong ???

Thanks

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: conflict resolution & already existing file
on May 10, 2013 at 4:50:11 am

Hi, if you have two identical source files Resolve indicates the conflict. This seems normal. You need to resolve the conflict by selecting the clip you need.
In Deliver, if you are rendering to to a folder with files in that folder, Resolve warns you. Its a safety check that was requested many years ago to help prevent accidental overwrite of existing clips.
Peter

Return to posts index

hamid ghodrati
on May 10, 2013 at 8:56:41 am

thanks peter
i mean even when i have footages from same camera with same aspect ratio and frame rate i have conflict resolution (the project is set correctly too ) , and if I'm not wrong so resolve don't checked the name but files in folder ?

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on May 10, 2013 at 2:01:13 pm

Resolve does not check for aspect ratio or res for conflicts, it's checking timecode, and if you select, reel name, file name, path, etc.

If you have two clips, with different timecode but everything else the same, they won't show a conflict.
Peter

Return to posts index

hamid ghodrati
on May 10, 2013 at 9:56:18 pm

Thanks peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]