Exporting XML for FCP 7

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
Exporting XML for FCP 7
on May 1, 2013 at 11:32:22 am

Hi, the Resolve 9 manual says:

To export an EDL:
1. Open the Conform page and select the timeline you want to export an EDL from in the Timelines list.
2. If you want to export a track other than Video 1, you can click the track name in the header of any video track in the Timeline to choose a specific track to export.
3. Right-click the timeline in the Timelines list, and choose Export > EDL from the contextual menu.

So I did this and tried to import into FCP 7 and got message 'please choose a translation document'. Googled but no luck. I tried both the 1.0 and 1.2 fcpxml options.

Is there a translation document I need or am I doing something wrong.

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

i5 550, Windows 7 / Mac Lion, Nvida 550 Ti, 8GB Mem

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Exporting XML for FCP 7
on May 1, 2013 at 3:28:40 pm

[Ben Edwards] "So I did this and tried to import into FCP 7 and got message 'please choose a translation document'. Googled but no luck. I tried both the 1.0 and 1.2 fcpxml options."

Could you clarify whether you are trying to accomplish an EDL or XML transmission document? One of them is plain text (CMX-type) and the other is an HTML markup...

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Ben Edwards
on May 1, 2013 at 3:53:00 pm

OK, yes, I did say XML in Subject and EDL later, sorry.

I think it is a XML but I dont care as long as FCP 7 can import it.

So maybe my question should be how do I bring a project that has been graded back into FCP 7. I have rendered all the files from Resolve (with a 100 frame handels). I think I now need to generate a EDL or XML file and import it into FCP 7, but not sure exactly how to do this/if it is EDL/ or XML I need.

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

i5 550, Windows 7 / Mac Lion, Nvida 550 Ti, 8GB Mem

Return to posts index

Chris Barnett
on May 24, 2013 at 12:34:23 am

In the top drop down box on the deliver page, chose FCP xml roundtrip

Render your clips out with unique filenames and local versions of any linked clips (very important step)!!

When that is done go to conform page, right click the timeline you are working on and export xml..

Open the xml in FCP 7 and there you have it..

Good luck,

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]