FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Create Tweening Keyframes.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Davies
Can't Create Tweening Keyframes.
on Apr 15, 2013 at 3:38:32 pm

Hi, I've been trying to set keyframes in the Keyframes editor (bottom right box). I've been following the manual which shows keyframes appearing as vertical lines with the start keyframe coloured green. However when I try to set a keyframe by either right clicking with the mouse (or going to the top menu) and selecting: Add Dynamic Keyframe I get a diamond rather than a vertical line. With the diamond there seems to be no way to tween from start to end and the value remains constant until the cursor hits the end diamond where it jumps to the new value.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Can't Create Tweening Keyframes.
on Apr 15, 2013 at 7:09:38 pm

[Steve Davies] "end diamond "
No, the way dynamics work in Resolve is the start point should be a diamond and the end point is the square. Even in the days of Dynatech daVinci, "keyframes" start with the dissolve and progress to the static endpoint.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Steve Davies
Re: Can't Create Tweening Keyframes.
on Apr 15, 2013 at 7:24:20 pm

Hi jPo,

So how do I create this square keyframe? I can only find ways to create dynamic and static keyframes which are diamonds and circles.

Also, I'm wondering why the (latest) Resolve manual talks about and shows vertical lines as the keyframes.

Thanks, Steve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]