FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Multiple EDLs into one Project

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Mena
Importing Multiple EDLs into one Project
on Mar 25, 2013 at 6:07:38 pm

I have 3 promos I need to Grade and I want to keep them inside one Resolve project. All media are flattened Prores 422HQ files with a corresponding EDL. I imported the first promo and used the EDL to notch it and everything was fine. I imported the second promo but when I tried to connect it to its corresponding EDL the EDL pulled shots from the first promo. It would not see the second promo at all. I tried this multiple times using multiple methods and couldn't get it to see the second Promo correctly. What am I doing wrong? Also, these EDLs are coming from Premiere.

I know I can make multiple projects for each promo but a lot of the shots are the same and copying stills will save me time.

Thanks, J

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
Re: Importing Multiple EDLs into one Project
on Mar 26, 2013 at 4:09:56 am

Hi Jordan,

Do the promos have overlapping timecode and no reel # in the media pool? Resolve is looking for media with the reel #s in the EDL, then if it doesn't find that, looking for any clips with useable timecode.

If each EDL had something unique in the reel ID column for each event (001, 002, 003), you could give the appropriate media that reel# in the media pool, and it should connect correctly.

If the EDLs don't have anything unique in the reel ID column, it's probably too time consuming to go and add it. You'll want to create one bin per promo in the media pool, and when you bring in the EDL, deselect the other folders to exclude the overlapping media. If you already have the timeline imported, you can right click on it and select "reconform from bins" which will let you select a single bin and it will ignore the other media.

Cheers,

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
Re: Importing Multiple EDLs into one Project
on Mar 26, 2013 at 4:13:28 am

Thanks. This really helps.

J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved