FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML import problem

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timo Teravainen
XML import problem
on Mar 23, 2013 at 1:02:56 pm

Hi,

I have a problem getting some files of a FCPX XML to my Windows 7 Resolve Lite. Whenever there's a colon in the filename, it won't be imported. When I import the same XML to Resolve on my Macbook Pro all files are coming in ok. (both PC and Mac have latest versions of Resolve Lite)

The weird thing is, on a Mac, if you look at file in Finder, the colon in the filename shows as a slash (for example 21/07/03). On quicktime player and Resolve, it shows as a colon (for example 21:07:03).
On a pc, it shows as a dot in Explorer, and as a small square inside Resolve Media Pool. So the same filename gets different appearence on PC and Mac, and also between applications..

Can anyone help with this?

Return to posts index

Timo Teravainen
Re: XML import problem
on Mar 23, 2013 at 1:10:45 pm

Ok, I just found that if I manually import those clips with problems to media pool, they connect to the timeline just fine.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Mar 23, 2013 at 5:09:53 pm

[Timo Teravainen] "on a Mac, if you look at file in Finder, the colon in the filename shows as a slash"

OK. This is imperative. At the browser level correct those file names, replacing the (/) slash by either getting rid of it or putting something legal like an (_) underscore or something that is not a path markup or HTML instruction character. Use of a slash in Final Cut as a source name is always forbidden.

Reconnect these files in Final Cut and re-export the XML for Resolve.

This will otherwise result in a corrupt XML roundtrip and at the very least will cause Resolve to abort renders or report bizarre errors like "codec not yet opened" on render.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Timo Teravainen
on Mar 24, 2013 at 7:49:07 pm

Ok thanks a lot for the advice! Will have to change the workflow a bit then..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]