FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anothe Premiere Pro Roudtrip question for Davinci 9

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Mena
Anothe Premiere Pro Roudtrip question for Davinci 9
on Mar 21, 2013 at 1:28:11 am

Need to CC a project from premiere. Went to my clients studio where I need to media Manage the project and export an XML so I can take it home and grade. Normally I work with clients who use FCP7 and have the round trip down pat. I go into my clients timeline and strip it of all unnecessary video tracks and effects and I'm ready to media manage. Open up Project Manager. Now, I know I don't want to collect files and copy to new location. But I'm unsure if I want "Create New Trimmed Project"? I don't want to accidentally blow out all my clients unused media. Can anyone tell me if the trim function will just give me a new project with trimmed media that has been copied from the source media like in FCP7 or will it blow out everything that's not on the timeline?

Thanks for your help

J

Return to posts index

ninetto makavejev
Re: Anothe Premiere Pro Roudtrip question for Davinci 9
on Mar 25, 2013 at 9:58:52 am

It will just create a new trimmed project, and you can choose options/handles on how the manager trims and deals with offline material: usually you should "remove unused media" in the original project itself (usually a good idea if the edit is finished) if you don't want to waste hard-drive space with files you don't need for CC.

There is no danger regarding the original material/original project. A new "trimmed" project is created, just make sure you pick the right drive and have enough free space on it.

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
Re: Anothe Premiere Pro Roudtrip question for Davinci 9
on Mar 25, 2013 at 4:50:58 pm

Thanks! I'm going to run a few tests this week with Premieres Project Manager and its Trimmed function. Hopefully it will work out.

Thanks, J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]