FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Scopes in Davinci

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Mena
Video Scopes in Davinci
on Mar 12, 2013 at 6:23:02 pm

Can anyone tell me if my scopes look accurate in Davinci based on the image below. The Top image are the Color Bars I'm using.

Thanks, J

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Video Scopes in Davinci
on Mar 13, 2013 at 8:02:07 pm

[Jordan Mena] "Can anyone tell me if my scopes look accurate in Davinci based on the image below."

Not sure how to respond to this... The scope representation is just that and is a measurement, and does not determine anything else.

Where did the color bars come from? Are they FCP generated? 75% or 100%? From a camera? A TIFF?
From the screen grab, it looks like the HS traces are in the boxes, and the parade scope is showing a bunch of stuff, and they seem to be filling the scale range... but beyond that, not knowing your target range, a bit difficult to draw any conclusions.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on Mar 13, 2013 at 8:07:49 pm

They were generated out of FCP. I'm pretty sure they are accurate. I just wanted a second opinion because the RBG parade doesn't look the same as if it was on an actual video scope display.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Mar 13, 2013 at 8:18:23 pm

The square waves will look different depending on whether you are looking at RGB or color difference Y'Cb/Cr.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]