FORUMS: list search recent posts

GFX card for 1080i only RT performance

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Archie Fenwick
GFX card for 1080i only RT performance
on Mar 10, 2013 at 1:15:53 am

I am drowning in information about different GPU and image processing configurations, many of which are talking about 2k or 4k requirements.

I am setting up a Resolve (full version) and will only be playing out to 1080i. What would be the best single card to give me realtime performance right now?
I understand there are a few new options on the market.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: GFX card for 1080i only RT performance
on Mar 10, 2013 at 4:37:41 am

Hi, we need a little more info to help you.
Mac, windows or Linux?
Do you have hardware selected?
Source file type?
Have you read the Resolve config guides?
Peter

Return to posts index

Archie Fenwick
on Mar 10, 2013 at 4:55:29 pm

Sorry, I am Mac (Pro) based. It's not a young one; Quad 2.8 ghz, 8 GB RAM.
I am buying a decklink card as I currently have an Aja. I'll be going from Symphony 6.0.3 to the Davinci and (hopefully) back again so I guess an aaf route of media that was originally shot at XDCAM 50mb/s and transcoded to DNX in the conform.

I have read the Resolve guides but I understand there are some new cards/configurations on the horizon that are not detailed in the October 2012 updated sys requirements. I should also say that as well as the decklink card I will be need to have a slot free for my RAID card too.

I think that's it. Any advice appreciated.

Return to posts index

Archie Fenwick
on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:10:16 pm

I am slightly confused by the config guide for the Mac Pro. I am unclear what is most desirable in terms of a combined GUI and Image Processing card or individual ones if I have a limited amount of slots available.
Also, is it better to have a card that requires no auxiliary power in combination with a GUI one that does or a more powerful card that does both. Given that I need a decklink and a RAID card I would rather have one card if possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]