FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF speed changes?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
AAF speed changes?
on Mar 10, 2013 at 1:03:10 am

I just finished a RED aaf job from Avid and there were some constant speed changes that seem to have not come thru in my renders - the thing is i did 4k tiff image sequences as requested by the After Effects artist so would that speed change only have come thru if i did aaf roundtrip and rendered in mxf format or were none of the constant speed changes translated thru on the ingest into Resolve?? The Avid editor sped each clip to be exactly 15 seconds, constant speed changes and those aafs I would have thought constant speed changes come through, like with an xml from fcp. They were hoping that in AE the exact number of frames would have remained exactly the same.

This works for me with fcp xml i believe even on r3d jobs but maybe that is because i was rendering at 1080ProRes and using xml round trip NOT 4 or 5k tiff sequences and using aaf?!

Any advice?

Return to posts index

William Edwards
Re: AAF speed changes?
on Mar 13, 2013 at 5:01:49 pm

I never expect speed changes to go through with 100% accuracy, even the constant ones, even though the manual says it can. I always ask that the speed changes are taken off and the full clip put at the end of a sequence.

I would like to know too, as well, if Tiff sequences are just not capable of this. Did it just completely ignore the in and out of the clip?

Return to posts index

andrew smith
Re: AAF speed changes?
on Mar 15, 2013 at 1:56:40 pm

Hey William thanks for the reply!

It did not ignore the in & out - totally lined up with the offline quicktimes i was given but the renders themselves did not have the speed changes in there so the AE artist among other things had to also re-time very single shot to be the exact duration it was in the Avid timeline - so that each shot had an exact duration of 15 seconds.

Anyone from BMD reading this and can respond?

I guess overall it leaves a question about what comes thru on an aaf comp[aired to say an xml from fcp7...would love to know what to tell an avid editor to remove or prep before sending me an aaf and files.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]