FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve not counting frames correctly

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Eger
Resolve not counting frames correctly
on Feb 22, 2013 at 7:56:52 pm

First off let me say I am new to Resolve as well as it's workflow with AAF files.
I am running Resolve 9.1.1 on OSX 10.8.2 As well as Media Composer 6.5.2

Here is the problem.
I created an AAF from my Avid Timeline then imported it into resolve. I got a couple of the Extens errors but it saw the clips imported them and seemed to get them in the right location within the clip and at the right spot on the timeline in Resolve. I Created a Reference movie with Timecode burn in for both the master Avid edit timecode as well as the timecode for the source clips.
I believe that this timecode burn in reads the Master Time code as Non Drop and the Source clips as drop frame.
Now when I bring everything into Resolve and Link the reference movie to the timeline and look at the timecode burnin for the clips against what resolve counts them as, Resolve does not seem to acknowledge the drop frame. My Timelines in the timeline window read a FPS of 30 and I am not Sure how to change this.
In the Media Pool, The clips are set to use drop frame.
Is there some setting I am missing?
everything seems to be okay it just looks as though as it is a resolve counting issue and nothing more.
I do realize that when I render the grade I will be creating new media that will then be reimported into the AVID with a new AAF file. But I Don't want to grade the project only to find it not reimport into the avid to match the Edit.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
-Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]