FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve for Batch Transcode

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Liner
Resolve for Batch Transcode
on Feb 18, 2013 at 8:37:03 pm

Hi,

I'm new to Resolve, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. We're about to embark on a multi-year production effort that will employ multiple cameras and acquisition formats. Our primary sources will be 4k (compressed and RAW) with some 1080 and 2k mixed in. We'll use an online/offline workflow for our edit and intend to conform everything to a common 1080 offline format (ProRes, DNxHD, etc). Would Resolve Lite be a good tool for performing the batch transcodes for our offline? We'll have a ton of media and it will obviously be important to maintain links back to our source for grading and mastering.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Resolve for Batch Transcode
on Feb 19, 2013 at 4:47:10 am

Yes, resolve would be a fine choice, for either prores or DNxHD media. Be sure to process out in source mode.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Resolve for Batch Transcode
on Feb 19, 2013 at 2:53:01 pm

I would suggest you do a test to and from your editing program. We are having a very hard time getting
dnx36 media created in Resolve to AMA relink back to the original camera files in Avid after the edit is complete. We have no problems with the same files using Avid as the transcode device. If you are using it to batch to high res dnx and don't need to relink, it is a great solution, but we have quit using it for offline/online workflows.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]