FORUMS: list search recent posts

No reply from davinciheelp email?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laco Gaal
No reply from davinciheelp email?
on Feb 9, 2013 at 6:46:57 pm

In the past few weeks I had major hiccups with Davinci 9, I always sent an email to davincihelp at blackmagic-design, but I never got a reply.

Davinci 9 doesn't allow me to playback Prores footage real-time (Davinci 8 did), http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/277/22659
Davinci 9.1 update broke Tangent Wave support on the simultaneously installed Davinci 8 - works fine on the Davinci 9
Davinci 9.1 update set the video output to Full Range even if I set Video Level, but only when I used 8bit output. When I switched to 10bit, it was fine. Now with the 9.1.1 update it seems it is fixed.
Davinci 9 doesn't allow me to use Render Cache on R3D porjects, because it jumps to Full Range output on the render cached clips.

Where can I reach BMD tech support?

Thanks

Mac Pro 4.1
Mountain Lion 10.8.2
GUI: GT120
GPU: GTX570
12GB RAM
latest CUDA drivers

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: No reply from davinciheelp email?
on Feb 11, 2013 at 2:55:50 am

Hi Laco

Not sure why you have not hear for the guys, but to be sure; send your email to
davincihelp (at) blackmagicdesign (dot) com

Notice no dash in email... Not saying this is why but at least this is a the correct address.
Peter

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Feb 12, 2013 at 3:31:12 am

>>In the past few weeks I had major hiccups with Davinci 9, I always sent an email to davincihelp at blackmagic-design, but I never got a reply.

The only email I found was your Tangent email below, and we just responded to that. You can't have both two versions on the same machine at the same time - it's not supported and not recommended.

>>Davinci 9 doesn't allow me to use Render Cache on R3D porjects, because it jumps to Full Range output on the render cached clips.

Please make sure you are not using the "Optimized monitoring" in the "Video monitoring" section. Render cache is not supported in video range mode when using this option currently. We hope to support this in the future, but for the moment, you will have to switch off your optimized video monitoring option.

>>Davinci 9 doesn't allow me to playback Prores footage real-time (Davinci 8 did), http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/277/22659

What is your CPU configuration of your Mac Pro4,1. Do you still see this issue with the 9.1.1 update. I suspect the GT120 card could be the bottleneck. What if you remove that, and only use for your 570.

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
on Feb 12, 2013 at 6:26:49 pm

The only email I found was your Tangent email below, and we just responded to that. You can't have both two versions on the same machine at the same time - it's not supported and not recommended.
Thanks, I've also sent another one back in December about the Prores playback problem. But now I understand that it is better to have only V9 on a machine.

Please make sure you are not using the "Optimized monitoring" in the "Video monitoring" section. Render cache is not supported in video range mode when using this option currently. We hope to support this in the future, but for the moment, you will have to switch off your optimized video monitoring option.
Thanks I didn't know this, I'll use it this way from now on

What is your CPU configuration of your Mac Pro4,1. Do you still see this issue with the 9.1.1 update. I suspect the GT120 card could be the bottleneck. What if you remove that, and only use for your 570.
2x2.26 is the CPU config. Anyway yes, the GT120 could be the problem, even though Davinci8 was running fine with it. If I use only the GTX570, it runs just fine.

Thanks for the replies.

Return to posts index

Robert Due
on Mar 20, 2013 at 3:45:20 pm

Rohit,
I am troubleshooting some playback issues in regards to r3d files. I am getting unstable playback in Resolve. Sometimes, I get 24fps playback and then after 5 or 6 shots, drops to 7, 4 or even .5 fps! Very stuttery.

If I remove the GT120 and replace it with one of my GTX570s would that help? Do I have to be on 10.8 to do that? Or is it possible on Lion?
Thanks for any advice.

Robert Due
Editor / Colorist
INDEPENDENT EDIT
DaVinci 9.1.1
OSX 10.7.5
MacPro 8-core 4,1 2.93 Ghz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GT120 GUI
Cubix Expander with 2 x GTX570 (CUDA 5.0.36)
Decklink Extreme3D+
Panny BT-LH1710P/ Panny BT-LH2600W
Tangent Wave

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
on Mar 20, 2013 at 3:47:18 pm

You can try playback even with a single GTX570. If it's not flashed (not from macvidcards) you won't see a boot screen, but otherwise it will be fine.
I use it on 10.8.2

Return to posts index

Robert Due
on Mar 20, 2013 at 3:50:21 pm

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.
I did buy from macvidcards. So, on 10.7.5 I can remove the GT 120 and swap out one GTX 570. I assume it will go in the same slot? Then still have the Cubix with the other GTX570?

Robert Due
Editor / Colorist
INDEPENDENT EDIT
DaVinci 9.1.1
OSX 10.7.5
MacPro 8-core 4,1 2.93 Ghz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GT120 GUI
Cubix Expander with 2 x GTX570 (CUDA 5.0.36)
Decklink Extreme3D+
Panny BT-LH1710P/ Panny BT-LH2600W
Tangent Wave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]