FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Current Config and wanting to get RT

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Edwards
My Current Config and wanting to get RT
on Feb 5, 2013 at 2:58:22 pm

Hello,

I wanted to start getting RT playback on my system. I originally has thought the Ultrastudio SDI would work, but the USB 3.0 on my P9x79 Deluxe motherboard is not the NEC type, and the playback glitches every now and again. So I put in the Decklink SDI, but maybe I should have purchased the Decklink HD Extreme (maybe the 4k one because that's coming out soon??). I have a quadro 600 for GUI and GTX 680 for the GPU. What I would love to do soon is get a second GTX 680, if that's even possible. It would be great to get some feedback, thank you!

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
Re: My Current Config and wanting to get RT
on Feb 5, 2013 at 4:14:39 pm

what are your system specs and with which files you can't achieve realtime playback?
do you have realtime without your monitoring?

Return to posts index

William Edwards
on Feb 5, 2013 at 6:27:23 pm

Intel i7 3820 3.6o ghz Windows 7 x64, 16GB RAM, Quadro 600 GTX 680.

Quicktime Pro Res files I'm playing at 1920x1080 23.98.

Yes, plays back in RT when video monitoring is off.

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Feb 6, 2013 at 1:00:02 pm

ok, then it is most likely your "video output card".

i am on a mac system, so perhaps this isn't true for windows, but neither your processor
nor the gtx680 should be your bottleneck. i have the extreme3d built in and never had
a problem with realtime monitoring.

i do know the usb3 problem from my sharkoon dock, there are also some compatibility
issues because of its built-in usb3-controller-chip, and therefore it connects only as
usb2.

you could try to monitor in 8bit and see if it gets realtime then, but in the long run i would
go for a proper blackmagic-video-card. bm recommends the extreme3d but i've heard that
all the decklink-cards are using the same driver and therefore theoretically it should work,
practically bm isn't really testing any other setup as far as i know, but perhaps someone
from bm can chime in?

4k sounds good, but then again, who is ready for 4k monitoring yet?

andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]