FORUMS: list search recent posts

PC GPU compatability on Mac Pro

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Arnold
PC GPU compatability on Mac Pro
on Jan 30, 2013 at 4:38:52 pm

Which of any PC Nvidia GPUs will work on a mac pro without a hacked bios? Only needed for GPU acceleration (no GUI), would like to use in a 2009 mac pro with the current GT 120 for GUI.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: PC GPU compatability on Mac Pro
on Jan 30, 2013 at 5:01:28 pm

Depends on the os.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Al Arnold
on Jan 30, 2013 at 5:19:30 pm

OK, lets say whatever the most current version of Mountain Lion is, unless you can give me a better reason to use a different OS version.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Jan 30, 2013 at 5:47:45 pm

Current version of ml supports all GTX cards. 570/580/670/680/690. Question is just power configuration. Whether you need additional power supply or can use built in and which power cables you would need. Have had several threads about that recently.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Al Arnold
on Jan 30, 2013 at 6:33:50 pm

Yes. Aware of Thermal/power limitations. I've been lurking for quite a while now. :) Not interested in a heavy investment at this point. This question is mostly just curiosity. My main resolve system is Windows based and has 3 580's, which is more than enough for the stuff I use it for. I picked up a Mac Pro from a friend and was thinking about some affordable upgrades. More of a science experiment than anything. Might move a project over from the Windows box to render out ProRes but that's about it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]