FORUMS: list search recent posts

4K signal output over SDI

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Cannon
4K signal output over SDI
on Jan 29, 2013 at 5:31:15 pm

Was looking through the system configuration guides for Mac and Linux and the specs for the BM Decklink cards.

Am I right in concluding that there is no Mac setup capable of outputting 4096x2160 signal over SDI outputs? Regardless of possible performance issues...

When I look at the Linux config guide for a 4K recommended set-up, it lists the Decklink HD extreme 3D with the option of the DVS Atomix SD-HD-2K Bundle. I don't see that bundle on the DVS website (the link lands on the Atomix HDMI). Exactly which card and how many of them output SDI in that configuration? And do they support 4096x2160?

Thanks,

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: 4K signal output over SDI
on Jan 29, 2013 at 5:49:49 pm

This might change shortly, as the 9.1 version of Resolve includes support for the Decklink 4K.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
on Jan 29, 2013 at 9:58:12 pm

I hope that becomes the case, but the current specs listed on the Decklink Extreme 4K max out at 3840x2160.

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Jan 30, 2013 at 3:32:39 am

The deck link 4k cards may allow this, but they won't allow sampling higher than 4:2:2, which means nothing higher than 10bits and no XYZ. In other words not capable of dci monitoring.

So for 4k dci work in resolve Linux is the only option.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
on Jan 30, 2013 at 5:22:33 am

Thanks, now that you mention it I see the 4:2:2 limitation on the 4K output... making things a little farther away from a useable 4K mac set-up.

So trying to understand the configuration of a Linux set-up, I'm still unclear on which video card is responsible for the 4096x2160, 12-bit XYZ (can't find the combo listed in the Linux config manual).

Cheers,

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]