FORUMS: list search recent posts

best practice for rendersetting back to premiere CS6

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Gorbach
best practice for rendersetting back to premiere CS6
on Dec 12, 2012 at 3:43:35 pm

Dear Resolve pros

I started to grade with resolve and like it a lot. It rocks really and the possibilities are awesome.
It´s no prob to get the material into resolve and grade it - so far. But when it comes to bring it back to premiere CS6 it´s not so easy, especially when I want to use the graded material and edit it further in the NLE.
With the Quicktime mpeg4 Video Codec out of Resolve it works fine, but premiere slows really down realtime is gone and even with the mercury playbackengine activated - its not possible to edit in an effective way...- I use a HP Z820 with 64 Gigs of RAM and the Quatro 4000 - so the hardware should not be the big problem...

When I render out with Quicktime H.264 it´s fine to edit and everything seems to be all right - but the footage back in premiere becomes a bit unsharp - slightly a bit - and when finally exported to a web format with the media encoder - these problems get worse - of corse and artefacts start to appear...

I know that the choice of codec is driven by the material that is used - in a professional way - but is there a rule of thumb - a best practice method generally speaking which codec is best - in quality and ongoing workflow for export in CS6?

As import into Resolve I use in this project 5K Red 1:2 compressed - and resolve rocks as hell. There is no way to edit this material in CS6 - but in resolve - nearly in realtime - I´m very surprised about the fabulous speed of resolve.

Thanks a lot for your answer - if there is any... hopefully

Return to posts index

Timo Teravainen
Re: best practice for rendersetting back to premiere CS6
on Dec 15, 2012 at 9:20:45 pm

Hi,

On a PC, I'm using DNxHD 10-bit as a rendering codec out of Resolve. It plays back smoothly on Premiere, and the quality is excellent. On a Mac-workflow, Prores HQ is a good choice, especially if coming back to Final Cut Pro.

I like to render out to a 10-bit codec, if possible. Both DNxHD and Prores are 10-bit. For DNxHD, you have to download the codec from Avid, it's free.

Return to posts index

Felix Gorbach
Re: best practice for rendersetting back to premiere CS6
on Dec 16, 2012 at 1:46:11 pm

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your tip. Will try it, sounds great - 10 Bit is sure the way to go - and with a good response speed in CS6 it will be awsome to work.

Will tell you how it figures out in my enviroment.

br,

Felix

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]