FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow render: 1fps

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ford
Slow render: 1fps
on Apr 29, 2014 at 1:04:22 am

For some reason rendering a simple color grade, just one node, basic color correction, takes forever to render. It starts and stays at 1fps. I've checked my activity monitor and Resolve only uses 33% of my CPU, System: 5%, User: 5% Idle: 89% Everything else is closed down. I can't figure this out. Below is my system. Any Ideas?

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4096 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x119e
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3755

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
Re: Slow render: 1fps
on Apr 30, 2014 at 4:57:09 am

There is a setting in the deliver page that will allow you to change your render speed from maximum to 1 frame. You probably changed it to one frame and didn't notice.

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

Charles Ford
on Apr 30, 2014 at 5:11:56 pm

Thanks Jordan! That's what happened. I'm new to Resolve and I guess I'm learning from my mistakes. I appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

Charles Ford
on Apr 30, 2014 at 6:41:48 pm

I have another question Jordan. When I export FCPXML to Resolve, any grouped set of clips above the primary story line in FCPX imports to Resolve as a "secondary storyline" in the form of a single clip, with any transitions created in FCPX imbedded in the clip. The individual clips in the group can not be color corrected individually. Is there a setting I have wrong in FCPX for exporting the XML or do I need to ungroup the secondary storyline clips before export to Resolve and add the transitions to the clips after they come back to FCPX from Resolve?

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on May 1, 2014 at 3:30:50 am

As a rule I always prep my sequence from any NLE before I go to color. Removing all unwanted clips, group clips or compound clips.

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]