FORUMS: list search recent posts

Your GPU memory is full

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Ho
Your GPU memory is full
on Nov 6, 2012 at 6:41:58 pm

I am having a problem with Resolve 9 Lite - I keep getting the error message "Your GPU Memory is full - Try reducing the timeline resolution or the number of correctors".

This is a project which had previously worked fine - but I have made some changes to my system (adding a Black Magic Intensity Pro and a Cal-Digit Esata/USB3 - both PCIe).

The project is OK on loading - it is only when I scroll to the 80th (approx) shot in the color tab that I get the error message. The same thing occurs with rendering - it renders up to about the 80th shot OK and then the remainder of the file is scrambled.

My system configuration is a OSX 10.6.8, MacPro 3,1, 20 GB Ram, Nvidia GTX480 running as both GUI and GPU. I am using the Nvidia Quadro 4000 driver and CUDA driver 5.0.36.

Reading around I have the preferences set to: 8 bit video Depth, "Use optimised display mode during playback", and Bilinear filter to try to reduce the demands on the system.

I have also tried reducing the resolution and removing some nodes from corrections but this didn't seem to help either.

Something makes me feel it is not the hardware that is the problem because when I first installed Resolve (with a GeForce 8800 at the time) I got the same error - and I solved it by updating my CUDA drivers.

I have tried CUDA drivers 5.0.17, 5.0.24 and now 5.0.36 but it doesn't see to solve the problem.

My source file is a single 15 minute Prores file, 1920x1080 which is conformed into 98 shots using "Scene Detection". Could this be part of the problem? Pointing at 98 instances of a 15 source? Would there be an easy way to split this up?

Return to posts index

John Reis
Re: Your GPU memory is full
on Dec 12, 2013 at 12:11:32 am

I am having the same problem on a similar set up. Did you find a solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]