FORUMS: list search recent posts

Offline clips replaced with other clips

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliott Balsley
Offline clips replaced with other clips
on Nov 4, 2012 at 1:58:26 am

Somebody sent me an XML from FCP 7 for grading. When I imported to Resolve, I see a few clips cannot be found. All of them are JPG and PNG files; apparently these still images are being used in the timeline. My first question is, can Resolve handle still images? My guess is no. That's fine, I'll have them render the stills as clips.
Second question might be a bug. In the Resolve timeline, every time there should be a still, it shows some other random clip "MVI_7782". This clip is used later in the timeline, but I have no idea why it was chosen as a placeholder for the erroneous stills. Why would it be showing this clip instead of a black screen or an offline error message?

Return to posts index

Elliott Balsley
Re: Offline clips replaced with other clips
on Nov 6, 2012 at 8:34:50 pm

I made a mistake in my last post. The clips in question were not still images; they were in fact Prores quicktime clips, they just lack file extensions. So I can add .mov to each one and do a Replace edit, but I still don't understand why Resolve is showing a random clip as a placeholder.

Return to posts index

Liam Ward
on Nov 7, 2012 at 2:16:13 pm

Try switching off force conform in your conform timeline.

Also, if you unlock the track that the clips are on, does a yellow triangle with an explanation mark show up on the clips that aren't linking properly? If so, click on the triangle and it will give you a list of possible clips that could be connected - if this is the case, davinci is having trouble choosing the right clip based on reel name, clip name, etc.

Liam.

Liam Ward
Sinking Ship Entertainment

Return to posts index

Elliott Balsley
on Nov 7, 2012 at 7:49:02 pm

Thanks for the tip. I've already moved on and replaced the clips, but I'll keep this in mind if it happens in the future. But about Force Conform — the manual shows that as an option when right-clicking individual clips, but you seem to be suggesting there is a way to toggle it for the timeline as a whole, is that true?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]