FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Resolve Lite import .jpg / .tga / .png / as a single frame ?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rohan khokar
on Oct 19, 2012 at 8:49:16 pm

I just wanted to import a JPG frame i downloaded from google as a reference to match the color of a shot!

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
Re: Can Resolve Lite import .jpg / .tga / .png / as a single frame ?
on Oct 19, 2012 at 9:18:02 pm

project stills of gallery page
or gallery of color page
right click import
choose stills format type at bottom of window
choose still and import
poof!

http://www.4Kfinish.com | owner-colorist | Hollywood, CA

Return to posts index

rohan khokar
on Oct 20, 2012 at 5:20:43 am

thanks paul !

Return to posts index

Bryan Dale
on Dec 29, 2015 at 11:13:58 pm

I am trying this in Resolve 12 and can't seem to import Jpegs. They are greyed out when trying to select the files in the import dialog and it doesn't seem like there isn't an option to choose the format type on the bottom like in previous versions. Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 28, 2016 at 4:15:27 am

[Bryan Dale] "I am trying this in Resolve 12 and can't seem to import Jpegs. They are greyed out when trying to select the files in the import dialog and it doesn't seem like there isn't an option to choose the format type on the bottom like in previous versions. Any ideas? Thanks!"
You may be making this more complicated than it needs to be. I've had no problems bringing in TIFFs, JPEGs, PNGs, anything, provided it's the right resolution. I don't bring a file in with an Import dialogue -- I just open the drive in the Media Page and drag it down to a bin.

If you're trying to use it as a Gallery Still, you can select ALL FILES as an option in the Import Stills dialogue box and get to pretty much anything you want. I just checked and JPGs, PNGs, TIFFs, everything was there. So you can either add the files as single-frame images into the Media Page, or import them in as 1-frame Gallery stills. Note that this is all done through the expanded Gallery page widget on the Color page.

Return to posts index

Blake Hodges
on Sep 25, 2016 at 11:55:25 pm

I am extremely confused. I just switched over to Resolve 12.5 STUDIO, and I can't seem to import stills. In the Gallery Window, If I right-click in an album, and select "import", it does not allow me to select an image type from a drop down menu any more, and the reference jpegs I want to import remain "Greyed out."

Per Marc's suggestion, I brought the reference image folder in via the Media Tab, so they are now technically part of my project, but I still can't load them up as Gallery Stills.

Is this a bug of Resolve 12.5 Studio? Or Am I missing something...?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]