FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cubix Xpander, GTX 580 for Mac, Resolve 9 and Avid Symphony

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nimrod Erez
Cubix Xpander, GTX 580 for Mac, Resolve 9 and Avid Symphony
on Oct 16, 2012 at 5:33:56 pm

Hello all, a couple of questions here. First, can Avid Symphony co-exist with Resolve 9 on the same system and both benefitting from a Cubix Expander Chassis with two NVIDIA GTX 580 (from macvidcards), or do I need a dual boot system, one for Resolve and one for Symphony?

Second question: Will the Cubix Xpander 4 (on their website it's the XPDT-X16-4QF) support two of the GTX 580 3GB?

Many thanks in advance for any shedding of light on this,

Cheers,

NE

Return to posts index

Eric Fiegehen
Re: Cubix Xpander, GTX 580 for Mac, Resolve 9 and Avid Symphony
on Oct 16, 2012 at 6:59:23 pm

Hi NE,

From Cubix's perspective, yes the Xpander Desktop 4 part number you referenced will support the 2x GTX 580 cards you listed, plus two single-slot cards drawing less power than the 2x GTX 580 cards.

If you intend to go with additional GTX cards in the same Xpander, I recommend purchasing the standard, hi-flow exhaust fan from Cubix, a $25-$30 item.

As to your first question, I'll check with my Engineering Department for input, but DaVinci and Avid would be able to answer this question more definitively.

Eric Fiegehen
Director, Visualization & GPU Compute Solutions
Cubix Corporation
ericc@cubix.com
http://www.cubix.com

Return to posts index

Nimrod Erez
Re: Cubix Xpander, GTX 580 for Mac, Resolve 9 and Avid Symphony
on Oct 17, 2012 at 5:38:33 pm

Thank you Eric. The issue with Resolve and Avid Symphony co-existing and benefitting from the GPU boost I think has to do with which version of CUDA both applications are compatible with, and I think Avid is behind on this (per usual) so it might not work out. Anyhow, if your engineers have an answer to this it'll be greatly appreciated.

I expect to put in an order for the Cubix Xpander in a week,

Cheers,

NE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]