1- By default media from Canon DSLR's is suffixed '.MOV' ALL CAPS
2- By default, if rendering proxy files with same names from Resolve, Resolve will use a LOWER CASE suffix '.mov'
Not 100% sure but I think this confuses Resolve on XML import when trying to link with original source material in the media pool for a proxy workflow
Solution: BEFORE adding your master clips to your media pool for rendering proxy files, change the suffix of your high res masters to lower case '.mov' to match Resolve's default
I've found I should deselect 'Assist using reel names from the'
in Master Project Settings>Conform Options
when using DSLR media.
Finally, one possible cause for crashing on XML import may be your dissolves.
basic cross dissolves are supported but I've discovered if the dissolves extends beyond the end or begining of a clip(diagonal lines are visible in your PPro timeline) the XML from Premiere may cause Resolve to crash on import.
Hope this helps someone. Please feel free to correct any of the above based on your own personal experience.