FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Resolve 9 Lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian McLaren
Problem with Resolve 9 Lite
on Sep 24, 2012 at 5:09:03 pm

Using a Mac Pro with an Nvidia Geforce GT 120 and a Geforce GTX 285 which I installed specifically to run Resolve Lite. They worked fine with Resolve 8 but now when I open the new Resolve 9 it says "No CUTA Acceleration Hardware Detected — Restart your machine in 64-bit mode"

Ironically, I installed Resolve Lite 9 on my Mac Book Pro and it runs fine, which 8 never did.

Advice?

Return to posts index

Jon Wright
Re: Problem with Resolve 9 Lite
on Sep 25, 2012 at 11:37:25 am

Hi there,

I've just had this problem with Resolve 9, as far as I know its because it's a 64 bit application and your graphics cards may be stopping your mac from booting automatically into 64 bit mode. This would never have bothered you in R8 as that was 32 bit anyway. You can check whether you're in 64 or 32 by using system profiler and selecting the 'software' subheading. Check under 64-but Kernel and Extensions for either a Yes or a No.

If it's a no then try rebooting and holding down 6 and 4 before the bong when you start up. Then check system profiler again and if it says 'Yes' then try resolve again.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Return to posts index

Brian McLaren
on Sep 25, 2012 at 4:00:13 pm

Thanks for the info. You're right, but it's the computer itself — 32 bit EFI so it won't start up in 64 bit anyway. Disappointing as the new Resolve seems fantastic. Getting very tired of waiting for Mac to put out a new version of the Mac Pro so I can use software like this.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Sep 26, 2012 at 10:01:04 am

What model of the Mac Pro do you have?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]