FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video monitor scaling correctly in Media and Conform, but not scaling in Color and Deliver

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Christie
Video monitor scaling correctly in Media and Conform, but not scaling in Color and Deliver
on Sep 24, 2012 at 12:33:49 pm

Is there a setting I am missing? Monitoring on an SD monitor, when I'm in the Media and Conform views, everything scales per my settings but in Color and Deliver views, video in my HD project is scaled pixel for pixel on my SD monitor (via Intensity Pro).

Thanks,

Daniel

Return to posts index

Daniel Christie
Re: Video monitor scaling correctly in Media and Conform, but not scaling in Color and Deliver
on Sep 24, 2012 at 12:39:07 pm

Aditionally, I can't output anamorphic 16:9, only 4:3 letterbox. Doesn't matter whether I select PAL or PAL 16:9.

Resolve 9 Lite beta

Cheers

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Video monitor scaling correctly in Media and Conform, but not scaling in Color and Deliver
on Sep 26, 2012 at 8:42:57 am

Hi Daniel, so to confirm, you have HD source material, the timeline is set to HD or SD? What setting do you have for Input image scaling preset? Is the output scaling set to match timeline settings?
Peter

Return to posts index

Daniel Christie
on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:54:04 am

Thanks for the reply Peter,

I have tested with both 4K R3D and 1080x1920 Quicktimes, 1080 projects.

Timeline format is 1920x1080 square. Output set to match timeline, input scaling and output scaling are 'scale full frame with crop', though I have tried other options as well. Setting output scaling to PAL corrects the external display, but the anamorphic squeeze is not corrected in the UI. Additionally, playback framerate is lower (I'm guessing that the Intensity card is handling the scaling when output is set to 1920x1080 and the GPU is when it is set to PAL). Changing scaling options in the Blackmagic control panel doesn't affect anything in Resolve or any other software.

I have also installed the latest Resolve and Decklink drivers.

Cheers,

Daniel

Return to posts index

Daniel Christie
on Sep 27, 2012 at 4:48:10 am

And bizarrely, although selection of PAL and PAL 16:9 in video monitoring has no effect in Media or Conform, in Color selecting PAL 16:9 causes the image to be vertically stretched (yes, vertically stretched not horizontally squashed) even though no scaling occurs in Color (my original problem).

Return to posts index

Daniel Christie
on Sep 28, 2012 at 8:36:28 am

Okay, problem resolved, sort of, by setting HD-SD anamorphic down conversion in the decklink control panel and setting output from Resolve to 1080/50i. All scaling correctly now.

The only problem I have with this is that processing previews at 1080 for SD monitoring slows down the playback frame rate quite unnecessarily. It also doesn't explain the discrepancies between scaling in the conform view and not scaling in the Color view.

Oh, and sorry for the stream of posts!

Daniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]