Workflow for changing lighting conditions

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Scott
Workflow for changing lighting conditions
on Sep 19, 2012 at 10:44:33 am

Hi folks
Still finding my Resolve feet!
I have a 3 camera shoot to grade. Its a 1 hour interview, shot outside with changing weather conditions. I have created a grade for each camera so they are balanced (saved as a still), and Resolve has automatically applied these to the files down the timeline, which is really helpful... until the lighting changes! So I'm right clicking the clip and "Local Version" "Create new version", and adjusting for the change in light.
My problem is that I now need to apply that "Version 2" grade forward down the timeline to replace the "version 1" grade that Resolve has kindly automated for me. Until the light changes again and then I need a "Version 3". Does that make sense?
Currently I'm doing this shot by shot, but I'm sure there should be a way to do this a bit quicker!
I'm happy to read up in the manual as to how to do this if someone could tell me what terminology I'm looking for?!
Many thanks

David Scott,
Senior Editor,
GOD TV (UK)

Return to posts index

David Scott
Re: Workflow for changing lighting conditions
on Sep 20, 2012 at 1:15:55 pm

OK....
While awaiting a reply I've made it to Page 225 in the manual! And found "Batch Unlink". By Batch unlinking my timeline each clip is now standalone and I add memory saved grades to them. It works but I'm sure there must be a better faster workflow...

David Scott,
Senior Editor,
GOD TV (UK)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]