FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
Upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion
on Sep 19, 2012 at 12:09:53 am

Just curious if I should be doing a clean install to Mountain Lion as I did with Lion when i first migrated to Lion. I did a clean install to snow leopard and used the Apple Lion USB install stick from the store as apple advised me i would have to do.

I have always been advised to do clean installs when upgrading OS and i want a smooth running system - i also plan to upgrade to CS6 Cloud so a clean OS install to my SSD for my 12-core seems ideal.

I would just be curious on best practices for this. I have already backed up my database and projects from V8 Resolve and have been using V9beta3 on my Lion 10.7.4 system for over a month now. I would just backup those projects of course now that i am using the new project system .drp's etc should be backed up and my location for the resolve projects is on my RAID scratch internal anyways. A friend mentioned that I would need to first do the upgrade to MountainLion via the app store and THEN do a clean install??

Any help on best practices for this would be great as I am happy to do a clean install on OS and apps.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]