FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 8.2 Hangs on Checking Licenses

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Beatty
Resolve 8.2 Hangs on Checking Licenses
on Aug 20, 2012 at 9:47:57 pm

I have a CalDigit SuperSpeed PCI Express Card. When installing from the CD/opening DaVinci Resolve 8.2 for the first time, it builds the database and registers fine.

After a reboot, Resolve hangs on the 'Checking Licenses' message on the startup screen. Resolve Lite 8 and 9 booted fine w/out the dongle.

I tested the dongle and it works fine on another system. The only way to get it working again is to run terminal scripts that stop the postgres server, delete my user database, and re-install.

After a reboot I see a window that says it's building databases and then I'm able to get past the checking licenses window. Then resolve will open and re-open fine until I re-start my system.

I'm told this may be an issue with the USB3 card in my system. Is there a recommended Caldigit USB driver that doesn't conflict with the dongle? I'm on OSX 10.6.8 and I won't be able to update to 10.7.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Resolve 8.2 Hangs on Checking Licenses
on Aug 21, 2012 at 10:53:00 am

It sounds like the storage is conflicting with the ProsGres DB server thats the issue. If you upgrade to v9 you can use the new Disk DB and therefore not use PostGres. You need to be in 64 bit OS too for v9.
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]