FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve v9 Wish: a "Dailies" checkbox...and a question

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Sumners
Resolve v9 Wish: a "Dailies" checkbox...and a question
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:53:50 am

Hi there,

I'm Lee. Long time follower, first time posting. Hello and Salutations to everyone.

I've used v9 a bit and I love it. I absolutely love it.

I'm a DIT, so I do a lot of dailies (amongst a bazillion other things on set)

When Post asks for dailies, be it ProRes or DNxHD, they ALWAYS want:

Timecode identical to Source
Filenames identical to Source
Folder Structure identical to Source (mainly for ProRes, not so much for Avid)
Sync Sound.

I do a lot of commercials, and those 4 requests are literally on 100% of dailies specs.

What I would LOVE to see is something like a "Dailies" checkbox when starting a new project.

1.) The "Dailies" tab will automatically set (and more importantly lock) the timebase to the source timebase. I've had to re-transcode entire reels because Resolve defaults to 24 fps and I work on commercials that are always shot at 23.98 and I forgot to switch it. It was my mistake, for sure, but when speed is key, setting up a project with fewer clicks and digging through less tabs means less mistakes for dailies.

2.) The dailies checkbox will also automatically get the timecode and file names from the source and render the audio (if there is audio).

Stuff like that. With a dailies checkbox, Resolve could automate those things and prevent any changes to that project.

Does this make sense? Or am I crazy for asking?

Lee Sumners
DIT and all-around nice guy
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Resolve v9 Wish: a "Dailies" checkbox...and a question
on Aug 22, 2012 at 7:21:44 am

Hi Lee, glad you like Resolve v9 with all the new dailies features.

As there are so many different configs and different user preferences we decided long ago to let users set up their own config and save that.

You can set your own personal dailies config and save that in project settings 'Presets' and you can make that Preset the default.

Please refer to the v9 user manual for details on Presets.

thanks
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]