FORUMS: list search recent posts

cudart64...dll missing Resolve on Windows won't run

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Stone
cudart64...dll missing Resolve on Windows won't run
on Aug 16, 2012 at 12:57:51 am

Have a Windows box following BM recommended parts for a Resolve machine.

Of note are two video cards:

Quadro 4000 as UI card and GTX 580 for processing.

I have the latest drivers installed, 301.42

but I get the following error when I attempt to boot up Resolve:

"cudart64_40_17.dll is missing."

Seems this isn't the first time this has happened but the solution offered is to do some dll hacking. I would rather not do that.

Any suggestions?

-Andrew

Return to posts index

Andrew Stone
Re: cudart64...dll missing Resolve on Windows won't run
on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:12:50 am

Solved the dll problem by moving from 8.2.2 to the 9 beta but introduced the known "Quicktime Decoder initialization failed" problem.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:26:07 am

Can you please make sure you are installing V9. Don't make copies of the program files binary, that's not going to work. You can't have both 8.2.2 and 9 on the same system installed at the same time. Uninstall both first if you are not certain of the history of the installation.

Return to posts index

Andrew Stone
on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:36:01 am

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the quick response. When each issue came up I performed a proper uninstall before installing anything else.

When I had the issue with the dll in 8.2.2, I did not have 9 beta installed. I tried several times to uninstall and reinstall but to no avail.

When installed 9 beta, I first performed an uninstall of 8.2.2 for fear of dependencies stomping on each other. When I got the quicktime problem, I uninstalled both Quicktime and Resolve 9 and then did a reinstall of 9 which then prompted the install of QuickTime. Still got errors.

Just did a reboot (second time since last install and now the Quicktime error is gone.

I recall a mod on this sub-forum stating that both 8.2.2 and 9 cannot live on the same machine. I have the beta working now so I am not going to tempt fate.

-Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]