FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes import / render / export workflow

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clermond Ferrand
ProRes import / render / export workflow
on Aug 14, 2012 at 10:40:06 am

I am quite new to Resolve and I appologize if my questions sound quite sheepish. I am doing technical tutorials and testimonials for a company in car supply industries and they moved from stills photo to video two years ago. Mostly we shoot now with a GH2 and convert mts to ProRes with 5DtoRGB and MPEG stream Clip. Since Premiere CS6 we started editing mts natively which works surprisingly well.
Some grading with Resolve would be helpful in some cases and actually I go through Mr. van Hurkmans's Ripple Training.

Unfortunately I don't have the bugdet for a broadcast monitor interface but as my clips end up at 100% on a web site there was no big need up to now. So here's my question: if I import my ProRes files to Resolve they look quite the same as in my NLE. If I render them and reimport them to Premiere they look different to Resolve preview. Same in FCP X.

I realised that maybe it is concerned to clip attributes as well in settings of my imported clips and also in render setting. Auto does not work in most cases. I tried various settings with Data and Video Levels but without technical knowledge I have to admit it's like fishing in murky waters. Any kind of help is apreciated very much. Thanks a lot for your time.

MacPro 3.1 - 16GM RAM - 10.7.4
Dell U2711 - adjusted to 140cd - sRGB - 6500K
Resolve 9b2 - Premiere CS6 - FCP X

If I could find a budget ;-) what hardware solution would be suitable for calibrated monitoring?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]