FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 9 Directory issues

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Holmes
Resolve 9 Directory issues
on Aug 12, 2012 at 4:23:12 am

I am getting the following error messages and I can't figure out how to eliminate them.

(1) When I go to the Conform page, I get:

"Failed to create directory

'/Volume/CacheClip/audio/Volumes/Video1/Final Cut Events/Test of FS100/Original Media/'. "

(2) When I try to save a color grade to Memory A, I get:

"Failed to create directory

'/Volumes/.gallery/ae/9f'.

Please check the file system permissions."

Based on these problems, I figured the parent directory is somehow not right (although it seems to be working fine). So I highlighted the clips, selected "change parent directory", and I found that it is set to "/Volumes/Video 1", which only links down to the partition "Video 1". So, I changed it to:

/Volumes/Video 1/Final Cut Events/Test of FS100/Original Media"

which is where the original clips actually reside. Then the clips went blank (after a little time).

So I changed the parent directory back to /Volumes/Video 1, and the clips reappeared.

So, I will add a 3rd directory issue: I obviously don't understand directories. :)

What do I need to do resolve these directory issues?

(FYI, the media clips were linked to Resolve 9 via XML round trip with FCP X).

Return to posts index

daniel mcdonald
Re: Resolve 9 Directory issues
on Sep 18, 2012 at 2:20:38 pm

I've been getting the same problem for quite some time. Since Davinci Resolve 9 Lite came out, I've been using it to make small proxy files of big AppleProRes4444 Log C clips, but the program crashes after rendering about 10 or so clips and I get this message:

"Failed to create directory '/Users/ryankahm/Desktop/Video
Folders to
Archive/CacheClip/audio/VolumesBParchive3/MASTER FOOTAGE/A CAM/Reel_249/A249R1U3"

I haven't seen much documentation on this issue, at least something with a pragmatic answer. Anyone know how to fix it?

Return to posts index

Toby Risk
Re: Resolve 9 Directory issues
on Sep 21, 2012 at 8:01:52 am

Hi
I had this problem.

On my system for some reason Resolve 9 had reverted to a very old cache setting referencing a volume that no longer resides on my system. Despite Resolve 8 having worked ok with cache files on my current volume.

I changed it in the Preferences | General Options Cache Files and Cache Stills setting

Now I'm happy.

Toby

Colourist | Editor | Post-Production Consultant -- 23 years at the post-production coalface, and still loving it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]