FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 9 Basics: How do I close Scopes window if off page to right? How do I stop overall full screen view?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Holmes
Resolve 9 Basics: How do I close Scopes window if off page to right? How do I stop overall full screen view?
on Aug 7, 2012 at 9:27:24 pm

It is pretty embarrassing asking these questions, but for the life of me I can't find how to do these.

(1) I have accidentally moved the Scopes window to the right where the right edge is not in view. Now I want to close it. When I look in the Resolve 9 manual, controls to manipulate the Scopes window appear to all be at either the upper right corner or the lower right corner. How the heck do I close the window when I can't see these controls?

(2) How do I stop the overall Resolve window from always being a full screen view? I like full screen much of the time, but sometimes I want to be able to slide the overall window down and do other things: look in a folder, etc. I can't find a setting to enable me to do this. I know I can use Command H to hide it, but I would rather be able to quickly just slide it down.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: solve 9 Basics: How do I close Scopes window if off page to right? How do I stop overall full screen view?
on Aug 8, 2012 at 12:34:07 am

There is a UI reset in the project manager, rt click. Resolve us always a full screen app.
Peter

Return to posts index

Michael Holmes
Re: solve 9 Basics: How do I close Scopes window if off page to right? How do I stop overall full screen view?
on Aug 8, 2012 at 2:17:18 am

That did it.
Thanks, Peter.
I now know to never push the Scopes off to the right.

Return to posts index

Michael Griggs
Re: Resolve 9 Basics: How do I close Scopes window if off page to right? How do I stop overall full screen view?
on Aug 15, 2012 at 12:06:18 pm

Command+Tab will switch between apps (e.g. Finder and Resolve) without having to move a window. You could also set up OS X's Spaces and keep Finder in one space and Resolve in another. I find this method very helpful for keeping different "desks" spatially organized for each program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]